The Government of Canada issued 3,350 invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence on April 17 to candidates with profiles in the federal Express Entry system.
Invitations to apply went out to candidates with scores as low as 451. The tie-break rule applied once again for this draw and the specified time set was April 2, 2019, at 15:01:49 UTC. This means that all candidates with a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score above 451, as well as those candidates with scores of 451 who entered their profile in the Express Entry pool before this date and time, received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in this invitation round.
The federal Express Entry system is the online application management system for three of Canada’s main economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Canadian Experience Class and Federal Skilled Trades Class.
Profiles submitted into the Express Entry pool receive a score out of a maximum 1,200 points based on factors that include age, education, work experience and proficiency in one or both of Canada’s official languages (English and French).
Candidates in the Express Entry pool can take steps to improve their score and ranking.
Those invited have 60 days to submit a complete permanent residence application package to IRCC from the date of receiving an ITA.
For more information on the April 17 Express Entry draw, please read the latest article on CIC News.com.
Express Entry quick facts, from January 1, 2015, to April 17, 2019
- Launch date: January 1, 2015
- First draw from the pool: January 31, 2015
- Most recent draw from the pool: April 17, 2019
- Minimum CRS points required for selection in the Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC): 199 (May 26, 2017)
- Minimum CRS points required for selection in the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC): 413 (May 31, 2017)
- Minimum CRS points required for selection in the Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 413 (May 31, 2017)
- Largest number of invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 3,923 (April 12, 2017)
- Fewest invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 143 (May 26, 2017. Note: This draw invited candidates with a provincial nomination only.)
- Largest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 273 (from May 22, 2015, to June 12, 2015, draws)
- Smallest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 0 (on three occasions)
- Longest gap between dates of two consecutive draws: 35 days (from April 17, 2015, to May 22, 2015, draws)
- Shortest gap between dates of two consecutive draws: 5 days (from May 26 to May 31, 2017)
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2015: 31,063
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2016: 33,782
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2017: 86,023
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2018: 89,800
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2019 (to date): 27,900
- Total number of ITAs issued since the Express Entry system was launched: 268,568
Draws From The Express Entry Pool
Express Entry Draws: 2019
|Draw #||Minimum CRS Score Required||Date of Draw||# of ITAs Issued|
|115||451||April 17, 2019||3,350|
|114||451||April 3, 2019||3,350|
|113||452||March 20, 2019||3,350|
|112||454||March 6, 2019||3,350|
|111||457||February 20, 2019||3,350|
|110||438||January 30, 2019||3,350|
|109||443||January 23, 2019||3,900|
|108||449||January 10, 2019||3,900|